wideadjectiveuk us /waɪd/
wide adjective (DISTANCE)
wide adjective (AMOUNT)
- The evening menu offers a wide choice of dishes.
- We sell a wide range of cosmetics and toiletries at a very reasonable price.
- The accessibility of her plays means that she is able to reach a wide audience.
- She won the presidency by a wide margin.
- A wide spectrum of opinion was represented at the meeting.
wideadverbuk us /waɪd/
wide adverb (DISTANCE)
- (in) the middle of nowhere idiom
- all/the four corners of the world/earth idiom
- as far as the eye can/could see idiom
- light year
- light years away idiom
- the back of beyond idiom
- you're getting colder idiom
wide adverb (AMOUNT)