winverbuk us /wɪn/ (present participle winning, past tense and past participle won)
- Brazil are favourites to win this year's World Cup.
- He won the award for best actor, and deservedly so.
- Whoever wins the election is going to have a difficult job ahead of them.
- A recurring knee injury may have impaired his chances of winning the tournament.
- She delivered a final serve from the baseline to win the match.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
winnoun [C]uk us /wɪn/