wind turbinenoun [ C ]uk /ˈwɪnd ˌtɜː.baɪn/ us /ˈwɪnd ˌtɝː.baɪn/
Examples from literature
- A wind farm is a place with wind turbines that use the wind to make electricity.
- Modern windmills, called wind turbines, are used as a clean way to make electricity.
- The wind turbines on the wind farms in Greensburg make enough energy for 4,000 homes.
- Wind turbines are especially efficient in places that are windy most of the time, because they work best when winds are traveling 50 to 90 kilometers per hour.
- Wind turbines use the wind to make electricity.
- Wind turbines were built to make electricity.