winnernoun [ C ]uk /ˈwɪn.ər/ us /ˈwɪn.ɚ/
There'll be a prize for the winner.
And to find out who are the lucky winners of our competition, Samantha is going to draw some names out of the bag.
- She announced the winner of the competition to an excited audience.
- The judges went into a huddle to decide the winner.
- The overall winner, after ten games, will receive $250 000.
- Tears ran down her face as she stood on the winner's podium.
- He read out the names of all the winners.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words