workingadjective [before noun]uk /ˈwɜː.kɪŋ/ us /ˈwɝː-/
working adjective [before noun] (JOB)
- The union wants to see a reduction in working hours.
- Insistence on better working conditions by the union has resulted in fewer employee absences.
- The introduction of new working practices has dramatically improved productivity.
- These figures mean that almost 15 percent of the working population is unemployed.
- We found it impossible to acclimatize ourselves to the new working conditions.
working adjective [before noun] (MACHINE)
working adjective [before noun] (USEFUL)