Meaning of “writer's cramp” in the English Dictionary

british dictionary

"writer's cramp" in British English

See all translations

writer's crampnoun [ U ]

uk /ˌraɪ.təz ˈkræmp/ us /ˌraɪ.t̬ɚz ˈkræmp/

a painful stiffness in the hand that people suffer from if they have been writing continuously for a long time

(Definition of “writer's cramp” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

Need a translator?

Translator tool

Get a quick, free translation!