yetadverbuk /jet/ us /jet/
yet adverb (UNTIL NOW)
yet adverb (IN THE FUTURE)
- an accident waiting to happen idiom
- be an actor, cook, etc. in the making idiom
- not be beyond the wit of man/sb idiom
- room for improvement idiom
yet adverb (EVEN NOW)
yet adverb (MORE)
yetadverb, conjunctionuk /jet/ us /jet/
- You say that you're good friends and yet you don't trust him. Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?
- The government is being accused of (having) double standards in the way it is so tough on law and order yet allows its own MPs to escape prosecution for fraud.
- He claims that he is completely committed to the project and yet this is manifestly untrue.
- He's had the benefit of an expensive education and yet he continues to work as a waiter.
- You see, to my untutored eye that just looks like a load of random brush strokes and yet it's a very valuable painting.