yield verb (PRODUCE)
yield verb (GIVE UP)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
yield verb (BEND/BREAK)
yield verb (STOP)
yieldnoun [ C usually plural ]uk /jiːld/ us /jiːld/
- This year's yield was very large.
- Scientists have greatly increased the yield of crops such as wheat, rice and corn.
- Farmers add fertilizer to increase the yield.
- The fertile soil enabled farmers to produce abundant yields.
- Plant breeding has increased yields and has improved the nutritional value of several crops.