alarm noun (WARNING)
- If the alarm sounds, leave the building immediately.
- The fire alarm goes off accidentally so often that when it's the real thing nobody will take any notice.
- Quick, sound the alarm - there's a fire in the machine room!
- Police said the thieves were obviously well acquainted with the alarm system at the department store.
- I heard his alarm clock bleeping this morning.
alarm noun (WORRY)
I didn't tell her that he was late because I didn't want to cause her any alarm. 我没有告诉她他来晚了，因为我不想让她担惊受怕。