The two companies are in competition with each other. 两家公司相互竞争。
Foreign competition (= similar products from other countries) had reduced their sales. 来自国外的竞争使他们的销售额有所下降。
Why are you jealous of her? She's no competition! 你为什么要嫉妒她？她根本不是你的对手！
the competition [ S ]
- The couple skated spectacularly throughout the competition.
- Win the house of your dreams in our fantastic competition!
- There have been a huge number of entries for this year's poetry competition.
- The prize money for literary competitions can be as high as £40 000.
- England has to win tonight's qualifying match to go through to the next round of the competition.