glass noun (SUBSTANCE)
- a chipped glass
- clear glass
- office furnishings in glass, leather, and chrome
- A stone hit the window and cracked the glass.
- The road was covered with fragments of glass from the shattered window.
glass noun (CONTAINER)
a glass of sth
- She'd had a couple of glasses of champagne and was starting to feel light-headed.
- He got up and refilled their glasses.
- On a hot day it's lovely to hear the chink of ice in a glass.
- Would you like a glass of wine?
- He'd left sticky fingermarks all over the glass.