periodnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpɪə.ri.əd/ us /ˈpɪr.i.əd/
period noun [ C ] (TIME)
Unemployment in the first half of the year was 2.5 percent lower than in the same period the year before. 1993年上半年的失业率比上年同期低2%。
- Her time at university was the most eventful period of her life.
- He was one of the most important writers of that period.
- The war was followed by a long period of peace and prosperity.
- The 1990s were a period of rapid change.
- The police are carrying out spot checks on drivers over the Christmas period to test for alcohol levels.
period noun [ C ] (BLOOD)
period noun [ C ] (MARK)