persuadeverb [ T ]uk /pəˈsweɪd/ us /pɚˈsweɪd/
If she doesn't want to go, nothing you can say will persuade her. 如果她不想去，你说什么也劝不动她。
[ + to infinitive ] He is trying to persuade local and foreign businesses to invest in the project. 他正在努力说服国内外商人投资该项目。
Using a bunch of bananas, the zoo-keeper persuaded the monkey back into its cage. 动物园管理员用一串香蕉诱使猴子回到了笼子里。
formal The first priority is to persuade the management of the urgency of this matter. 首先要考虑的是要让管理层认识到事情的紧迫性。
- Clever salesmanship can persuade you to buy things you don't really want.
- We only need one more player for this game - can you persuade your sister to join in?
- I have a suspicion that he only asked me out because my brother persuaded him to.
- Johnson was influential in persuading the producers to put money into the film.
- She used her womanly charms to persuade him to change his mind.