right adjective (CORRECT)
"Is that Ms Kramer?" "Yes, that's right." “是克雷默女士吗？”“是的，我就是。”
right adjective (SUITABLE)
the right way round/up UK US the right way around/up
- She fished in her tool box for the right spanner.
- She knew that Dave wasn't the right man for her but she couldn't deny the animal attraction between them.
- I was fumbling for the right word.
- Apropos what you said yesterday, I think you made the right decision.
- This carpet would be just right for the dining room.
right adjective (MORALLY ACCEPTABLE)
[ + that ] It is only (= completely) right that men and women should be paid the same for doing the same work. 只有做到男女同工同酬才公正。
- "Was it wrong of me to go to the police?" "Oh no, I'm sure you did the right thing."
- I'm sure you did the right thing in telling her about the problem.
- It's not right to treat another human being like that.
- It's only right that the two children be treated the same.
- I don't think it's right to spend so much money on yourself.
right adjective (HEALTHY)
right adjective (COMPLETE)
right adjective (DIRECTION)
right adverb (EXACTLY)
B1 exactly or all the way正好，恰好；一直，径直
› used for emphasis（表示强调）完全地，彻底地
right adverb (IN TITLES)
right adverb (CORRECTLY)
Why does he never do anything right? 为什么他老是做什么都做不好？
right adverb (SUCCESSFULLY)
right noun (DIRECTION)
right noun (POLITICS)
the right also the Right [ S, + sing/pl verb ]
The right was/were in power after 1979. 1979年以后，英国右派政党上台执政。
right noun (MORALLY ACCEPTABLE)
She campaigned for women's rights during the 1960s. 20世纪60年代，她参加了争取妇女权利的运动。
Everyone has a right to education. 人人都享有受教育的权利。
She has no more right to a company car than I have (= she does not deserve one more than I do). 她并不比我更有权利要求公司配车。
[ + to infinitive ] You're not my boss, so what right (= authority) do you have to tell me what to do? 你又不是我的老板，你有什么资格批评我？
within your rights
rights [ plural ]
put/set sth to rights
- Freedom of speech is a cherished right in this country.
- These organizations have fought very hard for the rights and welfare of immigrants.
- She's also a veteran campaigner for human rights.
- Freedom of speech should be a constitutional right.
- Just because you've been promoted that doesn't give you a divine right to tell us all what to do.
right exclamation (AGREEMENT)
"Johnny, you climb up first." "Right." “约翰尼，你打头，第一个爬。”“好的。”
rightverb [ T ]uk /raɪt/ us /raɪt/