roadnoun [ C or U ]uk /rəʊd/ us /roʊd/
The road from here to Adelaide runs/goes through some beautiful countryside. 从这儿通往阿德莱德的公路经过一些风景优美的乡村地区。
I live in/on Mill Road. 我住在米尔路。
My address is 82 Mill Road. 我的地址是米尔路82号。
Is this the Belfast road (= the road that goes to Belfast)? 这是去牛津的路吗？
on the road
- The car skidded off the road, hit a tree and overturned.
- New pedestrian pathways are being built alongside the road.
- I bent down and picked up the coins lying on the road.
- Snow and ice have left many roads treacherous, and motorists are warned to drive slowly.
- Wintry conditions are making roads hazardous for drivers in the northeast of England.