safetynoun [ U ]uk /ˈseɪf.ti/ us /ˈseɪf.ti/
For your (comfort and) safety, we recommend you keep your seat belt loosely fastened during the flight. 为了您的（舒适和）安全，我们建议您在飞行期间将安全带松松地系住。
Reporters may enter the danger zone but unfortunately we cannot guarantee/assure their safety. 记者可以进入危险区，但遗憾的是，我们不能确保他们的安全。
Police are concerned for the safety of (= think that something bad might have happened to) the five-year-old. 警方为那个5岁小孩的安全担心。
- Concern for the safety of the two missing teenagers is growing.
- The report is highly critical of safety standards at the factory.
- The airline is taking steps to ensure safety on its aircraft.
- Her parents fear for her safety.
- These measures were designed to improve car safety.