shower noun (WASHING DEVICE)
Do I have time to have a shower before we go out? 我们出去之前我还有时间冲个淋浴吗？
- There was one bathroom with a shower stall in the corner.
- The bathroom mirror steamed up during my shower.
- I tore my sweaty clothes off and jumped into the shower.
- She came downstairs after her shower, wrapped in a towel.
- You waste a lot of water by having a bath instead of a shower.
shower noun (RAIN)
- I got caught in a shower on my way to the shops.
- We are expecting showers this afternoon.
- At this time of year, sunshine and showers are typical.
shower noun (MASS)
a shower of sth
shower noun (PARTY)
shower verb (FALL)
I heard a massive explosion, and seconds later fragments of glass were showering (= falling) down on us. 我听到了巨大的爆炸声，几秒钟后，玻璃碎片纷纷散落在我们身上。