sweat noun (LIQUID)
sweat noun (CLOTHES)
sweatverb [ I ]uk /swet/ us /swet/
sweat verb [ I ] (PRODUCE LIQUID)
It was so hot when we arrived in Tripoli that we started to sweat as soon as we got off the plane. 我们到达的黎波里时天气太热了，我们一下飞机就开始出汗了。
- Someone who is suffering from sunstroke feels dizzy and has a high temperature, but does not sweat.
- It was my first interview and I was sweating buckets.
- This jumper always makes me sweat.
- The heating was turned up so high that I was beginning to sweat.
- We were sweating buckets sleeping under a really thick duvet.