troops C2 [ plural ]
- The troops advanced on the city .
- No one knew how many troops had died in combat.
- We are committed to withdrawing our troops by the end of the year.
- The Chief of Police ordered the deployment of 2,000 troops to try to stop the rioting.
- Four soldiers were detailed to check the road for troops.
Traditionally, United Nations troops have been deployed only in a peacekeeping role. 传统上，联合国部队的部署只用于维和目的。
The major powers have said they will not send in ground troops (= soldiers who fight on land). 一些大国声称不准备派遣地面部队。
the King's Troop of the Royal Horse Artillery 隶属国王的皇家骑炮兵团
troopadjective [ before noun ]uk /truːp/ us /truːp/
The Norwich fans gave their team a loud cheer as they trooped off the field. 当球员们列队离开赛场时，诺里奇的球迷向他们大声欢呼。