concern verb (WORRY)
- We're now going to turn to an issue that concerns us all - racism.
- His attitude concerns me.
- The poor state of the fire escapes concerned me greatly.
- It concerned them that no doctor was available.
- Does it concern you that your children are out after dark?
concern verb (INVOLVE)
What I have to say to Amy doesn't concern you. 我要跟埃米說的事與你無關。
to whom it may concern
- Trigonometry concerns the functions of angles, such as sine, cosine and tangent.
- How I choose to vote does not concern you.
- The documentary concerns the eating habits of Britain's teenagers.
- I didn't go to the meeting because nothing on the agenda seemed to concern me.
- I'll answer any questions that specifically concern this week's homework.
concern noun (WORRY)
There's a lot of public concern about/over dangerous toxins recently found in food. 公眾對近來在食物中發現危險毒素一事非常不安。
- Drug trafficking is a matter of considerable concern for the entire international community .
- Continued fighting in the city is causing great concern.
- The recent drop in magazine subscriptions is causing some concern.
- There is concern that the giant panda will soon become extinct.
- There is general concern about rising crime rates.
concern noun (BUSINESS)
concern noun (IMPORTANT TO)