suggestverb [ T ]uk /səˈdʒest/ us /səˈdʒest/
suggest verb [ T ] (MENTION)
[ + (that) ] I suggest (that) we wait a while before we make any firm decisions. 我建議我們在作出任何明確而肯定的決定之前先考慮片刻。
- I suggest we use Barkers as our main suppliers - they're good and furthermore they're cheap.
- I suggested that we should meet, and they agreed .
- She suggested half-jokingly that they should sell the family car and all buy bikes instead.
- They'd laugh in your face if you suggested me for the post.
- They suggested we meet up at Mustafa's.
suggest verb [ T ] (SHOW/EXPRESS)
[ + (that) ] There's no absolute proof, but all the evidence suggests (that) he's guilty. 雖然沒有確鑿的證據，但所有證據都表明他有罪。
- The latest opinion polls suggest that his days as leader are numbered.
- Current demographic trends suggest that there will be fewer school leavers coming into the workforce in ten years' time.
- There is no scientific evidence to suggest that underwater births are dangerous.
- Studies suggest that regular intake of the vitamin significantly improves brain function.
- Laboratory tests suggest that the new drug may be used to treat cancer.