sweat noun (LIQUID)
The dancers were dripping with/pouring with sweat after a morning's rehearsal. 經過整個上午的彩排，舞蹈演員們都大汗淋漓。
- The athletes were drenched in sweat.
- The sweat was pouring down her face by the end of the race.
- Beads of sweat stood out on his forehead.
- I can feel trickles of sweat running down my neck.
- He sat down and wiped the sweat off his forehead.
sweat noun (CLOTHES)
sweatverb [ I ]uk /swet/ us /swet/
sweat verb [ I ] (PRODUCE LIQUID)
It was so hot when we arrived in Tripoli that we started to sweat as soon as we got off the plane. 我們到達的黎波里時天氣太熱，我們一下飛機就開始出汗。
- Someone who is suffering from sunstroke feels dizzy and has a high temperature, but does not sweat.
- It was my first interview and I was sweating buckets.
- This jumper always makes me sweat.
- The heating was turned up so high that I was beginning to sweat.
- We were sweating buckets sleeping under a really thick duvet.