westnoun [ U ]also West uk /west/ us /west/ written abbreviation W
There has been concern in/throughout the West about the effects of this measure. 西方國家對這項措施造成的影響甚為關注。
East-West relations 東西方國家的關係
out west US
- A cold front is approaching from the west.
- Stanley traversed the continent from west to east.
- The transcontinental railway goes from New York in the east to San Francisco in the west.
- They retired to a sleepy little village in the west of Yorkshire.
- The west of the city was largely unaffected by the bombing.