a determiner (NOT PARTICULAR)
She's got a boyfriend.
Take a look at this, Jez.
I'm just going to have a snack.
There's a Ms Evans to see you.
Is that a Wilson over there?
- What is the usual pay for a job like this one?
- Suddenly a dog ran out into the road in front of us.
- The customer said she'd like this coat if it was a nicer colour.
- Colin told a joke about a postman, but it wasn't very funny.
- Shall I bring a bottle of wine with me?
a determiner (ONE)
There were three men and a woman.
six tenths of a second
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
A/an and the: meaningA/an and the are articles. They are a type of determiner and they go before a noun. …
How do we pronounce the?We pronounce the in two ways depending on whether the sound which comes after the is a vowel or a consonant: …