activitynounuk /ækˈtɪv.ɪ.ti/ us /-ə.t̬i/
activity noun (MOVEMENT)
- The house, usually bustling with activity, was strangely silent.
- There is increased volcanic activity in the region.
- Have you seen the feverish activity in the kitchen?
- The house was a hive of activity on the day before the wedding.
- After a sudden burst of activity, the team seemed to run out of energy again.
- (your) every move idiom
- act/do sth on your own responsibility idiom
- be up to sth idiom
- get around to sth
- give yourself over/up to sth
- go about sth
- go about your business idiom
- go through with sth
- talk the talk idiom
- up to
activity noun (WORK)
- After weeks of frenetic activity, the job was finally finished.
- Textbook writing can be an intellectually and financially rewarding activity.
- There was a sudden spurt of activity in the housing market.
- There has been a lot of criminal activity in the town lately.
- He was imprisoned for his terrorist activities.
activity noun (ENJOYMENT)