addressnoun [C]uk /əˈdres/ us /ˈæd.res/
address noun [C] (HOME DETAILS)
address noun [C] (COMPUTERS)
addressverb [T]uk us /əˈdres/
address verb [T] (SPEAK TO)
address verb [T] (DEAL WITH)
- They are guilty of a cowardly failure to address the problem.
- Her speech was full of excuses and evasions and never properly addressed the issue.
- As employers we need to be seen to be addressing these issues sympathetically.
- The government has to address the rise in violent crime.
- Airports are trying to address security concerns without causing inconvenience to passengers.
address verb [T] (WRITE DETAILS)