afterprepositionuk /ˈɑːf.tər/ us /ˈæf.tɚ/
- I'll meet you down at the club after work.
- The boat sank almost immediately after it had struck the rock.
- She was amazed at how calm she felt after the accident.
- Apply the suntan cream liberally to exposed areas every three hours and after swimming.
- If we turn left at the next junction, we should hit the main road after five miles or so.
afteradverbuk /ˈɑːf.tər/ us /ˈæf.tɚ/
- He collapsed at work and died soon after.
- After nine years in Cambridge, Susannah and Guy moved to Watlington, where they lived happily ever after.
- Let's feed the kids first and have our dinner after.
- You have a good cry and you'll feel better after.
- Mary left the company and I found another job shortly after.