againstprepositionuk /əˈɡenst/ /əˈɡeɪnst/ us /əˈɡenst/
against preposition (OPPOSING)
- The case against her was circumstantial.
- The court issued a contempt citation against city council members who refused to comply with a court order.
- She brought a civil action against her former employer.
- His doctor advised him against smoking.
- I'd strongly advise against making a sudden decision.
against preposition (TOUCHING)
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
against preposition (IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION)
against preposition (AS PROTECTION)
- The circuitry in this fighter aircraft has been protected against strong magnetic fields.
- As a student you're cocooned against the real world.
- The Chancellor's countermeasures against inflation have been completely ineffective.
- Does your travel insurance cover you against the loss or theft of cash?
- White blood cells help defend the body against infection.