- Doing puzzles and crosswords regularly keeps your mind alert and active.
- Although Granny was frail in her old age, but was mentally very alert.
- He was normally a bright, alert baby, so she felt sure there was something seriously wrong.
- A small animal must always remain alert for predators.
- There have been some thefts recently, so please stay alert and don't leave handbags and valuables around.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
noun [ U ] uk /əˈlɜːt.nəs/ us /əˈlɝːt.nəs/
alertnoun [ C or U ]uk /əˈlɜːt/ us /əˈlɝːt/
alertverb [ T ]uk /əˈlɜːt/ us /əˈlɝːt/
- If you hear a flood warning, please alert your neighbours and make emergency preparations.
- Until I saw my statement, there was nothing to alert me that someone else was using my credit card number.
- We encourage parents to alert the school about any concerns or difficulties at home.
- We don't want to alarm people unnecessarily, but they should be alerted to potential dangers.
- A note of formality in his voice alerted her to the fact that others were listening.