allow verb (GIVE PERMISSION)
Pets aren't allowed in this hotel.
allow me old-fashioned
- There is no smoking allowed anywhere on school premises.
- You're not allowed to swim when the red flag is flying.
- After a long boring afternoon I was finally allowed to leave.
- "I will not allow that kind of behaviour in my class, " the teacher said severely.
- He took a step backwards to allow her to pass.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
allow verb (ADMIT)
Allow, permit or let?Allow, permit and let are verbs that all have a similar meaning: ‘give permission or make it possible for somebody to do or have something’. …
Permit/allow someone + to do somethingWe use a direct object + to-infinitive after permit and allow: …