alumnoun [ U ]uk /ˈæl.əm/ us /ˈæl.əm/ specialized
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- It is much improved by adding a little pounded alum, while it is boiling.
- Let it remain over night till all the alum is dissolved.
- Salt and water is used by many as a gargle, but a little alum and honey dissolved in sage tea is better.
- The most common dressing consists of equal parts of rock salt and alum dissolved in water.
- To fix the colour alum is added in the boiling.