amphibiannoun [ C ]uk /æmˈfɪb.i.ən/ us /æmˈfɪb.i.ən/
Examples from literature
- Among these eminently moral amphibians, it is the father, not the mother, who takes entire charge of the family.
- Frogs, like most other amphibians, reptiles and fishes, are attracted by any small moving object and usually attempt to seize it.
- In my rambles on the shore, I frequently routed a crowd of amphibians, sending them plunging into the newly released waters.
- There were as yet no vertebrates of any sort, not even fishes, far less amphibians, reptiles, birds, or mammals.
- These latter, the learned, with their delight in multiplying terms, have classed as amphibians.