anydeterminer, pronounuk /ˈen.i/ us /ˈen.i/
any determiner, pronoun (SOME)
- I don't have any cash on me, so could I pay with by cheque?
- All the shops were closed, so we couldn't buy any food.
- "Can I buy stamps here?" "Well, we do sell them, but we haven't got any at the moment."
- I tried taking tablets for the headache but they didn't have any effect.
- He hardly ever washes the dishes and he rarely, if ever, does any cleaning.
any determiner, pronoun (NOT IMPORTANT WHICH)
- On Sundays I just wear any old thing that I happen to find lying around.
- He wanted success at any price.
- The virus can reactivate at any time.
- If ever there was any sort of argument, she'd always side with my father against me.
- We standardize parts such as rear-view mirrors, so that one type will fit any model of car we make.