appearverbuk /əˈpɪər/ us /əˈpɪr/
appear verb (BE PRESENT)
- He will appear before the magistrates tomorrow.
- Comets appear at predictable times.
- Robins mostly appear in the winter and are commonly pictured on Christmas cards.
- Two weeks after we'd planted the seeds, little green shoots started to appear.
- His colleagues became suspicious when he did not appear at work, since he was always punctual.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
appear verb (SEEM)
- I hope I didn't appear rude - it's just that I was in such a hurry.
- She likes to appear as if she knows all about the latest films and art exhibitions, but it's all a pose .
- The most important rule in life is always to appear confident.
- Are you as unconcerned about the situation as you appear?
- To a casual observer, everything might appear normal.
appear verb (PERFORM)
- Most of the bands that appear on the show just mime to a recording of their songs.
- She got eight million dollars for appearing in that movie.
- They're appearing twice nightly at the Playhouse Theatre.
- She loves appearing on television and is no shrinking violet when it comes to expressing her views.
- She was appearing in concert at Carnegie Hall.
appear verb (BECOME AVAILABLE)
appear verb (ARRIVE)