areanounuk /ˈeə.ri.ə/ us /ˈer.i.ə/
area noun (PLACE)
- The area depends on agriculture for most of its income.
- Debris from the aircraft was scattered over a large area.
- This area of the park has been specially designated for children.
- Some species exist in this small area of forest and nowhere else on earth.
- There was more rainfall than usual this summer in the mountain areas.
area noun (SUBJECT)
- Matters of discipline fall outside my area of responsibility.
- Electronic publishing is a growth area.
- The law in this area is very strict and doesn't allow us much room for manoeuvre.
- OK, this seems to be an area of disagreement, so let's vote on it.
- The book will encourage research in this very important area.
area noun (MEASURE)
area noun (FOOTBALL)
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas: