aside adverb (TO ONE SIDE)
B2 on or to one side:
I've forgotten my wallet, so could you put this book aside (= keep this book) for me and I'll come back later on.
put/set sth aside
leave/put sth aside
- The crowd watched as the referee drew the player aside and spoke to him.
- They elbowed the onlookers aside.
- Stand aside, please, so the doctor can get through.
- In all seriousness now - joking aside - I do think there's a problem here that we've got to get sorted.
- She laid aside her book and went to answer the phone.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words