- I've had to train myself to be more assertive at work.
- Don't let him boss you around like that - try to be a bit more assertive!
- In difficult situations like that, it's important to be assertive without getting angry or aggressive.
- I've become a lot more assertive as I've got older, and will no longer put up with bad service.
- He taught his children to be assertive and to stand up to the bullies.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
adverb uk /əˈsɜː.tɪv.li/ us /əˈsɝː.t̬ɪv.li/
noun [ U ] uk /əˈsɜː.tɪv.nəs/ us /əˈsɝː.t̬ɪv.nəs/