awayadverbuk /əˈweɪ/ us /əˈweɪ/
away adverb (SOMEWHERE ELSE)
away adverb (DISTANT)
- (in) the middle of nowhere idiom
- all/the four corners of the world/earth idiom
- as far as the eye can/could see idiom
- light year
- light years away idiom
- the back of beyond idiom
- you're getting colder idiom
away adverb (INTO PLACE)
- I told the children to put their toys and games away.
- Put that knife away before someone gets hurt.
- All the folders have been carefully numbered and filed away.
- The diamonds are shut away in a bank vault somewhere.
- At a word from their teacher, the children started to tidy away their books.
away adverb (GONE)
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
away adverb (IN THE FUTURE)
- We're having a holiday in August, but that seems a long way away.
- Christmas is only two months away.
- The announcement of the winner is just a few minutes away now.
- Don't worry about your driving test yet - it's weeks away.
- With the concert only a few days away, the band are practising hard.
away adverb (CONTINUOUSLY)