baanoun [ C ]uk /bɑː/ us /bæ/
verb [ I ] uk us baaing, baaed, baaed
Examples from literature
- Baa, answered the sheep, well satisfied, as they followed him down the king's highway, and over the hill to the pasture lands.
- Baa, baa, Black Sheep, Have you any wool?
- Baa, said the sheep, as if beginning to think that somebody ought to answer all that calling.
- How like a flock of silly sheep who merely baa and bleat we are.
- Now and then the ewe would turn to look at it, and in response to one of those wistful maternal glances the little creature stood up shakily on its unduly long legs and gave an anxious baa!