balladnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæl.əd/ us /ˈbæl.əd/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- Few boys, I suppose, have not read with breathless emotion this most stirring of ballads: few men can read it without a thrill.
- It was a voice new to her, and the words of his ballad were also new.
- It, as well as many of the ballad tunes in this collection, was written from Mrs. Burns's voice.
- The ballad of The Douglas Tragedy is one of the few, to which popular tradition has ascribed complete locality.
- The following popular ballad will afford the reader a characteristic specimen of the whole tenderness of such a Russian parting scene.