bankingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈbæŋ.kɪŋ/ us /ˈbæŋ.kɪŋ/
I need to do my banking this afternoon.
- The government plans to deregulate the banking industry.
- We offer our customers one-stop banking services and investment advice.
- The collapse of the bank is an ominous reminder of the fragility of the world's banking system.
- More than 70% of jobs in the borough are in service industries, ranging from hotels to banking.
- The redundancies are spread across the clothing, banking and building industries.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words