Basically, (= the most important thing is that) they want a lot more information about the project before they'll put any money into it.
"So what's the difference between these two TVs?" "Well, they're basically the same, but the more expensive one has 3D."
- She has a conception of people as being basically good.
- The party's principles are basically egalitarian.
- The plots of his books are basically all the same.
- She's made one or two slips - mainly spelling errors - but it's basically well written.
- It was basically a selfish act, though no doubt a sophist would argue that it was done for the general good.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words