battery noun (ELECTRICAL DEVICE)
a rechargeable battery
a battery-operated hairdryer
- You'll run the battery down if you leave your car lights on.
- It's not working - I don't think the battery is charging.
- Is it all right to leave/put the battery on charge overnight?
- I left my car lights on all night and now the battery is flat.
- The battery should prevent the computer system from going down in the event of a power cut.
battery noun (LARGE NUMBER)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
battery noun (GUNS)
battery noun (ATTACK)
batteryadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈbæt.ər.i/ us /ˈbæt̬.ɚ.i/ UK