beliefnoun [C or S or U]uk /bɪˈliːf/ us /bɪˈliːf/
- His battle against cancer has strengthened his belief in God.
- He restated his belief that the sanctions need more time to work.
- Their working system is based on the belief that people work more productively in a team.
- People should have the courage to stand up for their beliefs.
- I don't want them to impose their religious beliefs on my children.
- article of faith
- ascribe sth to sb
- believe in sth
- feel it in your bones idiom
- give sb the benefit of the doubt idiom
- incline to/towards sth
- seeing is believing idiom
- swear by sth
- take sb's word for it idiom
- take sth as read idiom