bidverbuk /bɪd/ us /bɪd/
bid verb (OFFER)
- Online auctions, where buyers bid for items over the internet, have become increasingly popular.
- How much did you bid for that antique vase?
- Five countries are bidding to host the next World Cup.
- The game gives players the chance to bid for property.
- The council invited contractors to bid for the right to build on the site of the old City Hall.
bid verb (TELL)
bidnoun [C]uk /bɪd/ us /bɪd/
bid noun [C] (OFFER)
- The hospital is making approaches to local businesses in their bid to raise money.
- They've put in a bid for the company/a bid to buy the company.
- At the last minute another company stepped forward with a bid.
- Their million-pound bid for the company was trumped at the last moment by an offer for almost twice as much from their main competitor.
- The company's shares wobbled with the news of a foreign takeover bid.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
bid noun [C] (ATTEMPT)