bloodstainnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblʌd.steɪn/ us /ˈblʌd.steɪn/
Examples from literature
- A bandanna was tied round his shoulder, and it was soaked with bloodstains.
- Afterwards they found bloodstains and knew that he was wounded.
- Although it was dark, Father Anthony could distinguish the bloodstain on the white snow.
- It was while I was bending over doing this that she must have noticed the bloodstains on my sleeve.
- My dear, they took us to that horrible prison... with the bloodstains on the floor!