bondholdernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbɒnd.həʊl.dər/ us /ˈbɑːnd.hoʊl.dɚ/
Examples from literature
- He had obligations to the bondholders.
- If paid in a good silver dollar, the bondholder has nothing to complain of.
- On the other hand, if a concern is very successful, a shareholder may receive large dividends, while the bondholder receives only the stipulated interest.
- The consequence of this blunder was that Egypt went into default, and England's might was used on behalf of the bondholders who had made a bad investment.
- Then there's the alternative of the bondholders putting up money enough to finish the work.