boroughnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʌr.ə/ us /ˈbɝː.oʊ/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
Examples from literature
- Every individual detail and local development is left to the committee which each mayor or town or borough official appoints, on invitation of the league.
- For the last few years this system has been in operation in the borough of Liverpool, with the result that the number of known thieves apprehended for indictable crimes has almost doubled within a comparatively short period.
- It shall be the duty of all sheriffs, constables, marshals of incorporated cities, towns, and boroughs, and of all prosecuting attorneys, to inform and prosecute all offences against this act.
- London stood first among English towns, and the privileges which its citizens won became precedents for the burghers of meaner boroughs.
- The wealthy merchants typically represented the boroughs and paid much of the taxes.