botanic gardennoun [ C often plural ]uk /bəˌtæn.ɪk ˈɡɑː.dən/ us /bəˌtæn.ɪk ˈɡɑːr.dən/ also botanical garden
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- A piece of land attached to the house became, under Mr. Carey's care, a beautiful botanic garden.
- A shrub of great beauty, but one that, unfortunately, is rarely to be seen outside the walls of a botanic garden.
- It is well provided with scientific laboratories, botanic garden, and various collections, and possesses a library with nearly a quarter of a million volumes.
- There is a large botanic garden, which is kept in good order, and contains a long range of green-houses and stoves.
- This is a curious and uncommon shrub that one rarely sees outside the walls of a botanic garden.