brass bandnoun [ C ]uk /ˌbrɑːs ˈbænd/ us /ˌbræs ˈbænd/
Examples from literature
- Brass bands paraded in our honor, and we were later met by them in many of the smaller towns.
- She was very fond of a good brass band, especially when heard in the open air.
- There was a good floor at Silver's and a brass band to dance to.
- There was music every where—choruses, string bands, brass bands, flutes, every thing.
- When Senator Douglas arrived at the railroad station, his friends and admirers met him with a brass band.